Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Life Hacks and Some Other Random Shit That POPS out

This is a picture of bubbles.  I made a discovery today and I want to share it.  Fibro patients, as well as others have a hard time with their bodies.  Namely, they don't fucking work anymore.  If that was all..  except it isn't..  like so many other maladies (all of which this blog is intended for BTW) it has you feeling pretty miserable a lot of the time.
 
For example, when I was letting fibro win I was in bed all day, wishing for my heart to stop beating.  Now I fucking blow bubbles.  I did not go from one of those straight to the other.  Baby steps.  I am still taking them.  Welcome to my ride.
 
Going outside is vital for feeling human.  Without doubt this is true.  What is also true for me, and maybe you, is that I have to have something to do with my hands, or I am back in the house, or I take my phone outside with me.  I hate to say it, this destroys the point.  You are not relaxing in nature if you have your damn phone......  Crazy?  Maybe..  
 
Except I found something that helps on so many levels.  Bubbles.  Go get some bubbles, with the big wand.  You can even sit.  Wave your arm around and make bubbles.  Concentrate on making as many as you can.  Watch them float through the air, look at how beautiful they are.  Totally something to do with your hands, as well as BUBBLES..  
 

 


Another life hack for you is this one:  When you finally get out of bed in the morning..  I know how long that can take.  When you do, have a plan in place.  Get dressed.  Put on clothes for the day before you leave your room.  I understand all too well the desire to stay in your PJ's all day.
 
By no means am I telling you that you have to do your face or even fucking match..  just don't wear the same thing that you wore for sleeping.  It does wonders in the whole "this day shall be a good one" parade of days that we experience because we are chronically at home.
 
Like I said, welcome to my journey.  I am totally honest, I couldn't lie if I wanted.  I have to go to a court hearing soon and I am already working on my quiet face.  I think I might actually wear a scarf and tie it over my mouth.  No, then I look like a wild west bank robber....
 
 


Yes...  Yes I do have this tattooed on my body..  Judge away.
 
The most important thing I can leave you with is this.  Every day, no matter how small..  work on yourself.  Work on living again.  If you are interested in a laugh you can always check out my new facebook group

No comments:

Post a Comment