Monday, May 5, 2014

Doing the Right Thing

 
So, I haven't written anything in quite some time now.  There has been some major shit going on in our lives and I can't talk about it yet.  I want to talk about it.  Holy shit do I want to talk about it, and I will just as soon as I can.

Until then I can discuss "doing the right thing".  I know that in my life the right thing can sometimes get blurry and we don't want to do the right thing or be the bigger person.  It was nearly impossible for me to walk away from a situation recently.  I had to go shopping with no phone.  Retail therapy times a thousand.  Turns out, being the bigger person and just ignoring the jabs from the haters can be a good thing.  Even if you have to go shopping, running, driving..  whatever to calm down and think rationally, do it.  

I realize and I am so familiar with just how blurry those lines can be when you have fibromyalgia.  My brain tends to tell me, emergency, something needs done..  then..  nothing.  In a lot of situations that is really a bad thing.  Sometimes, like when I witnessed a wreck, I flew out of my car and into the ditch to help the man get out of his car.  I didn't give it a second thought.  Did it hurt?  Fuck yeah it hurt and I spent nearly a week dealing with the physical harm that it had done to my body.  Would I do that again?  Hell yes, without a thought.

However, I saw that wreck, that decision is an easy one for me.  I wish they were all so easy.  My husband says to wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.  He is from Tennessee, him and his mama have some really good ones.  This fits here.  I cannot hope that situations will be easy.  

I hope it doesn't happen to you but if something horrible happens, even while you are still trying to comprehend it, in the front of your mind you know what the right thing to do is, you fucking need to listen to yourself.  This can be one of the hardest things you have ever had to do but grab your junk and do the right thing, no matter how it hurts.  In the end, you think that maybe you will get that sense of peace..  like.  AHH I did the right thing.  NOPE.  that probably won't happen, nor will a parade and glitter.  That said, you still have to do the right fucking thing.  Even if blowback will hurt you..  you fucking do the right thing.  No matter what.  
 
We are the black sheep here...  we are the tiny green dot in a sea of red.  We are not liked.  People say horrible things behind out backs about us..  BUT..  put us in a situation and you can bet the marijuana activist, her atheist husband, and her two teenage boys in a press..  we will do the right fucking thing.  

So, if there are any owners, leaders, pastors...or anyone who thinks they should handle something awful in house, you are fucking wrong.  If you are a leader of children, you do not let them take the heat because you were too much of a pussy to do the right fucking thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment