Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Shopping can Suck It...

Now, this will be a post on the lighthearted side.  I have thought of some more fibromyalgia hacks that make my life more bearable.

Specifically shopping.

Admittedly, I have never liked shopping.  I have very few needs for clothes, other than whether or not they are comfortable, and I try to get dressed most days, leaving the lazy no bra days as a special treat all for me.

Now..  I have noticed lately that I desperately need new bras and panties.  I tried to get some new bras and my boobs stuck so far out the side under my armpit that I figure they must not be my size anymore (no, I didn't try them on).

I needed a pair of shoes for a formal occassion and I was in the shoe isle by myself.  I ended up picking a pair that is size 11.  I wear 8.  I put them in the cart and said to my husband that I didn't think the shoes were right.  He said why would you say that?  I said I got overwhelmed and just picked a pair and I think I messed it up.  He said, you have been buying shoes your whole life, how could they possibly be wrong?  We quickly learned that, yes, oh baby Jesus YES I could have gotten it wrong.  They fit my husband.  I keep them because it is hilarious.

The worst thing I have done while shopping?  Well... First let me explain why it is the worst, years ago I worked at Walmart.  I managed the underwear/ladies/bras etc departments.  It was my job to know where everything went and what everything was called.

I needed underwear.  I knew that I had gone up in size, that was no problem.  I actually got the right size...  however as you will see, Briefs are not brief.  I swear to you I didn't even think they sold underpants like this anymore.



They do..  they make them like this and I bought a ten pack.  I can't even wear them, they make me feel like I am 100 years old.  I wear sensible panties, but DAMN.... Share in my shame, and my pic of  "The Underwear Disaster, circa August 2014"


The moral of the story is this.  When I have money and I am shopping (unless it is the craft store), I need an adult.  Once, we were having a party and I got 4 boxes of the 18 packs of eggs.  Figured we would have a big breakfast after the party.  Now they know...  Tammie needs an adult when shopping.

They bombard you in stores, there are so many options and choices and for whatever reason (haven't figured it out yet) I can't make up my mind, or I do and one second I am going, the very next I am not, and round and round.  I don't know why our brains do that yet, but I promise to find out.

Oh, and I have been in a couple of Walmarts that have these ad players that have video at the end of the isles.  Watch out for that because I came around a corner and one started it's thing right as I was right there and I fell to the floor.  So yeah..  watch out for those too.

1 comment:

  1. You should keep walking 2:30 hours per week. Unless you will get arthritis too. It is not a joke. You should take it seriously. I know it is painful and you do not have energy for it but you HAVE to do it.
    By walking regularly, the pain reduce tremendously and the energy level boosts too. Just do it and thank me later.

    If I can do it, you can do it too.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete