Sunday, August 24, 2014

You Too Can Meditate. I swear. I did.



By now most of you know that this is about my journey.  My journey in raising two amazing humans and getting fibromyalgia and getting your life back from this disease.

Yesterday I meditated for the first time.  I was like most of you probably are, I thought yeah right, me?  Meditate?  Except it worked.  I set a timer for 15 minutes and I sat beside the creek in the silence and I sat right on the ground.  I made the Ohm sound because the vibration seemed to connect me more to the energy that was around me; it connected me to myself.  Go to a quiet place.  I know that now you are probably thinking, but there isn't a quiet place.  However, if you think hard enough I bet you can think of one.

I was calm all afternoon, plus the minute I came back into the house I was hungry, during the day.  I, literally, cannot tell you the last time that happened.  I have eaten during the day because I am trying to fix my circadian rhythms, but hungry?  I was amazed.

Will this heal you?  Nope.  But it will help you feel better today.  Rationally, that is the best we can expect.  Two things come out of this.  First, I was relaxed and connected to my body.  Second, I was hungry and I have already learned a bit about self-soothing.

I know that turning your hands like this might hurt a little at first, but if you completely rest your arms it helps a bit with the pain.

 I know how easily overwhelmed we can get, this is a helpful skill and if I feel it after one session, then it is obviously an effective practice.  Just try it once.  15 minutes.  Oh yeah, that was the other thing.  I thought 15 minutes, clearing my mind... ?  Never...  however, the time flew by, even for me.  Also, you may slip a couple of times, stop the thoughts with an ommm, because you need to distract yourself with that noise as well as your breathing.  Slow it down, in your nose and out your mouth.

For now, I am late on homework.  Have a wonderful, soft, stress free day.



No comments:

Post a Comment