Thursday, September 18, 2014

Please, Don't let me Ruin Your Day...


This picture is simply for giggles, nothing at all to do with what I am writing about

I graduated in 1994.  Readers, I am sure you remember graduating.  Maybe I even have some younger readers here that haven't graduated yet..  doubt it.  I digress.  I am the mother of two amazing boys.  I won't go into that again, however, I will say that when your own kids are more fun than strained conversation with people you barely know at a fair..  well..  

Here's the thing.  People see me, judge me, and decide they cannot be seen in public talking to me.   We were at the local fair last night.  I was there for one reason.  It wasn't to look at tractors, or wait in line for an hour for a funnel cake, seriously it is like they are made of gold and handing them out.  It's ridiculous.  Admittedly I did have a BBQ sandwich.  It is total chaos and I hate it because every single year I see people see me, then feel strange because they don't want to say hi, for some reason they feel strained..  I don't give two flying fucks if you don't want to know me.  If I wanted to be your friend, you would know it.

Here is where I should edit and say that in no way does it make you an ass hole if you don't want to talk to me.  I am not calling everyone an ass hole.  I get it.  I ain't mad.

I was there because I was trying to see my kid be the drum major for his high school band in the parade.  I give two shits about everything else people get excited about.  Let me add here that I am glad for an opportunity for new businesses to get their name out there to the community.  I have been to that same fair more times than I can remember..  It has exploded with people.  My kid is the drum major, I wanted to see him as many times as I possibly could.  Which turned out to only be two times.  We tried the running/driving/walking/bus approach and missed the third chance only by a few minutes.

I swear, I am from Lancaster County, the Amish bit.  One day a year it is like this.  As a soc major I really like watching my neighbors.  They really are fascinating.  However, this year..  I was on a mission.

Now, at the end of my mission I talked to one mother.   ONE, and she approached me.  I am totally fine with that.  I love that she stopped.  I stood at the intersection of shakes and BBQ waiting for both of my boys to eventually show up to get in the milkshake line.  It worked.  My sweaty drum major and his friends and my dirty mechanic and his friends showed up as well.  This, as well as seeing my kid drum major, were the highlights of my night.

We were at that intersection for a while.  I saw a whole bunch of people I knew, or graduated with.  They all look, look again, now picture it from the movies... they do their own version of glancing skyward and whistling while putting their hands in their pockets.  I hate that.  Not that they don't want to talk to me, I don't want to talk to them either..  but shit..  there is no reason to feel bad because you don't want to speak to a person.  Likely I don't want to talk to you either.

One girl I graduated with struggles with the parents in the same way as I do.  She didn't have the ten year break that I did.  She doesn't care what anyone thinks, she just wants her kids treated fairly.  Unfortunately, around here, some people are so undeveloped that we still struggle with the mothers being bitches to our child.  Who does that?  Around here, a lot of bitches do that.

I want to say grow up.  Get a life.  But these things all sound wrong.  Because I am NOT 13 years old anymore.  Also, none of them read this blog..  or they do with nasty intentions.  Once again, it's all numbers on my blogger board and readers are the things that I want.  What they take away is on them.  If it is nasty things to use as ammo when they all get together, I can't say it enough..


To end this I will say to my friend, don't let the ass holes that never grew up properly mess with your life.  NEVER allow them to mess with your kids.   I had one kick my kid out of scouts for a year because she didn't like me.  It took me a long time to get over my anger at her.  Once you let them start to fuck with your kids, they will only get worse.  They don't think like we do because they didn't develop properly.  I have been a psych major for a while now.  I know about growing up and development, and these ass holes are stunted.  I am almost 40 years old.  Maybe I want to look at the bunnies.. and the art..  at the fair without feeling like everyone around me feels strange because they don't want to speak.  However, I will be the bigger person and look at bunnies and art on the internet.

Same reason I didn't visit my grandmother on her deathbed..  and this is the hard one, no one in that part of the family likes me.  and there are a lot.  None speak to me.  I didn't want their visits ruined by me.  Maybe that is fucked up and I should have fought.. But I had already said my good byes and had no intention of standing around making her children angry because I am there.

Moral of this story?  I don't know.  I guess my moral here is you do you.  You live your own best life.  If someone's version of life, makes them hate on you?  Well, haters gonna hate.  To quote Katt Williams, haters gonna hate, it's their job..  sit back, live your life, and let the haters do their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment