Thursday, September 4, 2014

Must.Read.Scary Life of a Citizen of the United States

First of al; I would like for my readers to click on this video.  It made the universe speak to me, I was putting off writing this blog.


Now onto other things.  I have been super focused on fibromyalgia with this blog lately and since my goal in life is not to let it dictate who I am, I remembered that I have other interesting things to say, plus some stuff about fibro because, well, I have it, and it blows donkey dick so..  here is my truth,

I was thinking yesterday, now bear with me..  I circle things for a while before the metaphorical light bulb comes on; yesterday I was watching a video 


This man, Ray Occupy Lewis is a living hero of mine.  He is brave and he is fighting for us.  You know, the people that can't catch a break.  He gives a voice, wearing his Philadelphia Police Captain Uniform, to the voiceless, he is bravery incarnate.  I am blessed to know him, and you should all follow him and share the hell out of this video.  He is not hard to find.  Ray Lewis...  Mostly, SHARE.  This man was a police officer his whole adult life.  He knows what he is talking about and he isn't afraid to say it.  Oh yeah, and the fact that he wears his uniform to do these things?  More than awesome.  

I was wondering after watching the video how the police can possibly be doing this in our own country.  I have been saying the words "Police State" for a while now.  However, I don't think I understood until yesterday.

After I watched what Ray had to say I sat here and had a think.  I asked myself, why?  Why are they rolling up in a tank looking like I did when I was in Marine Corps Boot camp?  Except we only got to practice on a wooden tank, and a wooden helicopter.  Why? We were taught in boot camp that we are to be feared because of how we look.  Why?  Because although they are newer versions are they carrying guns capable of bursts and automatic fire..  and the rounds coming at you from those gun are 3.75 (?) I think that is the size, numbers don't matter, I used those, and they are big.  You are lucky if you survive one shot from that weapon, let alone several. The only answer I came up with is fear.  They want us afraid.  (I know people have said this forever..  but it actually looks like a plan playing itself out.  There are so many variables.

I was faced with a moral dilemma several months past.  I knew an 18 year old had done something really stupid and I had to call the police.  This was the state police, so if you are one of those....  "yeah but the state cops are okay" people, you are wrong.  I had a choice, not report a gun brought to a boy scout meeting, potentially allowing a bunch of kids to be in danger, or do the "right" thing and call the police.  I was scared to call them.  I have fibro.  

They show up and well the story is in my blog, I don't want to write about it again because I think I am lucky I didn't go to jail that night.  That was the night that I deleted the last cop I had on my facebook, and officially became absolutely terrified of the police.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life and I will never call the police ever again because of it.

I live in the middle of nowhere and yes, I am an activist, but I haven't been to a rally in a while.  Every time I run into the police, they are spraying someone with mace with no warning and no inclination they were about to fuck that dude up.  <---  that one was at a BMW car show.  Yeah, You heard me..  a BMW car meet.  Mace and the entirety of the local police force.  Because they were doing a burnout...  I wish I was lying.

There is some language.  When I say fuck the police, Ray is not who I mean.

Ray Lewis went to Ferguson, he was held at the airport forever because for some reason there were no flights that would take him to Ferguson.  He waited them out.  He got there.  I was thinking about that, and how the other night I sent my kid out around 11 to get me some candy (don't judge) it hit me, that if we were in that town, we would not be allowed out of the house.  

I stood up every single day and said the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag in school.  My husband and I both served.  We wouldn't now.  Nor will we let our kids.  I was proud when I graduated Marine boot camp and saluted the flag at the ceremony and every single time we saw it.  I want that feeling back.  Instead, we are turning policeman into killers and wanna be G.I. Joe's.

I am not saying that we have it worse than other places, the whole world is bubbling hot right now..  But we should all be watching very closely..  (NOT FOX NEWS)  and paying very close attention because I think this country is headed for a devastation that people can't even imagine yet.  

Really, really think about it.  Think about those late nights on the front porch with your family, and having the cops come round at 1030 to tell you that you are out past curfew.  Think that is crazy?  That is already happening.  Think you are safe because you are white?  Think again, you aren't a cop, that must mean you are the enemy.  Of course it is worse for our darker skinned brothers and sisters, but that doesn't make it okay to sit back and let it happen.

It was never about healthcare, or legalizing marijuana, or gay marriage, ever.  Not at any point was it about those things.  Those are called red herring fallacies and we have all been letting them trick us, which separated us, which is what they want.

All living things are my family.  All living things bring joy into my life.  All of these things are under attack under our noses and we are worried about all these things that don't matter, when right under our noses the police are arming themselves and they are serious.  They will shoot you.  Especially if your skin is darker than pink.

When will it happen?  They showed up when I called to report something very dangerous to them..  Like I was told to do.  They almost arrested me.  Saw me shaking and with my bad teeth assumed I was on meth, although let's be honest, if I was on meth no way in hell would I be this fluffy.  A cop with half a brain would know that.  I was appalled, my son was involved and he fears them as well.  This feeling, this fear of a police car...  this is NOT what I meant when I said the fucking pledge every morning.  This is NOT the freedom that our sons and daughters are dying to protect.  

Open your fucking eyes, we don't get together on this thing...  we are in deep shit.  Tea Party, Republicans, Democrats and everything in between, fuck all this petty bullshit.  Teenagers are getting killed for NO reason, just because it isn't in your town yet..  don't look at the hippy with the funny hair and skirts and think she is a piece of shit.  I don't look at a guy wearing his Cummins hat and Abercrombie jeans and assume he is a douchebag.  Lay down the labels and pick up a clue..  we are in trouble and we need to fucking start paying attention.

The reason this is what I wrote about today


Deputy who killed former Napster COO after drifting into the bike lane while distracted by his laptop will NOT face charges because he was answering a work-related email http://goo.gl/9ZVpt1


I could literally make this the longest blog post ever, there are so many..  :(  Fuck this shit.  Stop arguing about shit that doesn't matter.  Religion, skin color, who is fucking whom...  it doesn't matter, THIS matters why aren't more people paying attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment