Sunday, July 20, 2014

Just Pass it Already

This is a little heavy on the use of bad words, if you will melt away or go to your hell for reading a curse word, you probably should not read this post.
I am a little frustrated today.  I am not sexually frustrated, I am not trying to make something, I have done nothing but hang out with my husband, son, and my friends today.  I had an amazing day.  We met for breakfast.  Everyone then went their own way for most of the day.  
Later in the day we went back.  We ate some meat that had been cooked with fire.  We hung out with our children.  We picked berries.  We helped our friend make the tiny dam that they have been working on, at this beautiful spot in the creek.  It was one of those days that when you reach the end you look back over it with a sigh of contentment.

^^ Not vomiting and passing out...
We were smoking cannabis for a portion of the day.  We weren't driving around, we weren't out and about, we spent the day at home fixing cars and puffing on some good stuff.  Now, I am finally getting to a point.

I am The Outcast around here.  I live in Amish Country and I have dread locks and tattoos.  Most of my family won't speak to me because I am vocal about being Pro-marijuana.  Now, some of these same people, who never invite us anywhere, the same ones that talk shit about how awful I am are posting pictures or I am hearing the stories.about how drunk they get.

I know for a fact that some of them drink and drive with their children in the car.  Tell me, please, I want to understand why. Truly, this is fucking unacceptable.  It's totally socially acceptable to get stupid drunk and fight and I can't smoke a joint and play in the creek with my friends?  Fuck every single thing about that.  I am not speaking to legality here really, simply truth.

If they had caught us smoking they would have put us all in jail and taken our children away.  This is wrong and this needs fixed.  I am so fucking tired of being a criminal because I don't want to be an opiate addict, all while I am surrounded by people who think nothing of drinking and driving with their babies in the car.

I suppose this is my issue, because I am pissed.  I am pissed that the same people who talk shit about me, the same people that exclude me, or completely ignore me drink to the point of puking and passing out, with their children there.

I am not usually bothered by this but I am fucking fuck tired of it.  I had to miss a rally this weekend, we only had one car.  I hated to miss it because fuck these fucking stupid ass holes and their ass hole laws.  I don't care what they think.  Please do not mistake this post as me being angry at not being invited to their parties.  I am, and have for a long time, been over that.  I realized that I don't like parties where people get wasted and scream at each other.  

This has nothing to do with what they say about me, or how they treat me; frankly it's a relief that I don't have to pretend to like them.  I do not care one whit what they think.  If I cared I wouldn't be listed at marijuana activist when you click on my name on facebook.  That being said, I am just frustrated.  I wish the laws would hurry up.  Unfortunately, the nature of changing laws is that it takes fucking forever.

Here is where that whole patience thing comes in.  I have more patience once I have shared with the blogosphere.  Once I can write something down, or type it, as is the case with me, I generally work through most of my shit pretty quickly.

I still hate the shame and the double standard that exists.  Occupy Ray Lewis, Captain (ret) of the Philadelphia police stated that in his 30 years as a cop he never, not one single time, got called to a domestic dispute where they were smoking marijuana.  He is part of our movement.  An amazing spirit and a wonderful person.

He has been called to literally thousands of domestic disputes..  every single one involved actual drugs or alcohol.  Mostly alcohol.  I am indignant that this is the way social interactions work here.  I would have the cops knocking on my door if I put up a picture of me smoking a joint... Maybe not even knock, let's be real honest here, a picture like that might get an incendiary grenade thrown into my babies crib.  Okay..  So they aren't babies..  but, surely, you have heard about this.  If not click here for the story, graphic so NSFW.  This same standard does not exist for the drinkers.  It's totally socially acceptable.  GRRRR I know I have to be patient but no one can stop the growling in my mind.

I demand social justice.  I am not a fucking criminal, but I am treated like one because I don't want to be an addict?  What the fucking fuck is wrong with the world?


No comments:

Post a Comment